Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Session Log: 1.23.07

Tuesday, 1.23.07: 7:30p - 12:30a
'3 Weeks Shy' (Takes 1-6 - basic tracks), 'Insurrection' (Takes 1-8 - basic tracks)
Studio: Kawari Sound - Wyncotte, PA
Producer: Jim
Engineer: Pete Donnelly
2nd Engineer: Adam Winuker

Another day cutting basic tracks with Pete, Mike and Roger. I have to say today found us really playing well together, probably some of the best ensemble playing on the album.

I think Take 5 of '3 Weeks Shy' will probably be the one all the way through.

Need to spend some time listening to 'Insurrection', as there are three takes that I think each have some special moments.

Cheat Alert: OK, I'll fess up. We cut about half of the takes of 'Insurrection' to a click and half without one. The thing that makes me feel okay about it is I have to look at my notes when I'm listening to the rough mixes to know whether on not it's a take cut to the click.

I realized at the end of the session that we've now done all of the tunes that we're cutting together as a band. There will still be more sessions with each of the guys, but this is the last time we'll play together for this record, so that was a bit poignant. Glad we finished on a high note (D above high C?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home