Sunday, August 28, 2005

'Annie Also Ran' - Steel City - 8.26.2005


Watch the video

Foot cam! OK, I hear you asking "um, why foot cam?". Fair enough. A list:

* Someone was talking to me after a show recently and said they enjoyed watching my legs and feet during shows, stating "they're really entertaining." Who knew?

* I know a lot of you follow my collection of Chuck Taylors (Hi, Pat!). These are the grey suede, currently my day-today Chucks (and not, as some suspect, one of the custom made pairs).

* Steel City is a great place to play and I love the people there, but they have a videotaping policy that is draconian, so I thought I'd shake things up a bit (I hasve problems with authority).

* Mike Frank sat in on keyboards for nearly the entire show. I love playing with Mike and we don't get to do it often enough, so I just personally wanted a recording of the event, but Mike HATES being videotaped while he plays. Fortunately, he has no problem with my feet being videotaped while he plays, so this plan was perfect.

Oh, and let's not forget . . .

* I'm weird. I really liked watching this video.

Notice that people are starting to cheer for the vlog.



6 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the enjoyment of witnessing this vlog in real life. Score! Just to be a pain, I was wondering if you have any way of sending/posting the film of Several Thousand you sang that night. I am the girl with the name that sounds like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got sole, man... rubber sole, you might say

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great time that night and would love to see more 'foot'age.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

I stumbling over myself try and find words to describe this incredible feat.

This is one of my favorite tunes of yours (no of all time) I wouldn't mind "Annie Also Ran" being the next volume in your home study guitar course.

Peter Wisner

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim could play the saddest song in the world, but he'd still have happy feet. Thanks for vlogging the footcam with my favorite song. Sorry - was that in English? :-)

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came to 8 X 10 for Lowen and Navarro and found you... WOW! Your stuff is insanely great and your covers were like super sweet candy bits. Just call me another new fan!

Ron from Laurel MD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home