Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thoughts on the Record Release Parties

Well, I'm exhausted.

Sitting in Rittenhouse Square the day after the record release party at Joe's Pub, feeling pretty good about how it all went both last night and last week in Philadelphia at World Cafe Live.

Just some random scattered thoughts, because I'm not capable of much else right now:

It was great seeing that we packed both rooms, that people afterwards really seemed to have enjoyed it and that so many folks I haven't seen for quite a while made it out to share the moment.

Goddam, I want me an 11 piece band for Christmas! I was so impressed by how well everybody played and how it all came together on very little rehearsal together (we cold only rehearse as a full band twice). Kind of scares me a little bit to think what we could do with some real time playing together. Also just incredibly grateful to all the musicians who really gave a lot for very little (and in a few cases, no) renumeration (that's money, folks).

I am so glad to have taken the extra time and expense to have had the WCL show recorded to multi-track by Chris Williams over at WXPN. I heard just a very rough mix of a couple of songs and already know that we captured something special.

On top of that, thanks to Russ Eisenlohr and his crew and John Anthony and Mary O'Neill for donating themselves and the cameras to film the show. We're going edit this video and sync it to the multi-track audio and have something incredible to show you soon.

It makes me happy that Ben Arnold was part of the evening with his band at the Philly show. Having good friends sharing the night was a real joy.

Ditto my happiness that most of the folks involved in making the record were on hand in one way or another at the shows. I definitely missed Adam Winokur, who sadly had a gig that night.

Just on a personal note, I was so happy to have found some settings on my Fender Deluxe that gave me a nice, crunchy electric guitar tone that made me love playing the electric tunes. Maybe I won't only play acoustic the rest of my life.

I think I've finally run out of thoughts on the subject. I am now going to let my central nervous system rest for a couple of days. Thanks to everybody who came out on either night and bonus points for those of you who made both. See you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home