Thursday, October 26, 2006

Re-Signing (not Resigning) with Bluhammock at the Goldhawk




Shows with Mike Viola are always a great time. This last one at the Goldhawk in Hoboken, NJ was a particularly cool one. We were both onstage for the entire show, trading off songs, adding harmonies for each other, goading ourselves into unchartered 60s and 70s cover song territory and occasionally stepping on each other's toes. I believe we also got a bit drunk by the end (or was it the middle?) of the set. You can check out a couple vids from the evening over at my YouTube page.

To top off the night, I threw my name down on the contracts to re-sign with my label, Bluhammock, and am really happy to announce that I'll begin recording my next record in early November. I'm producing it myself this time and doing a lot of the recording in and around Philly.

I'm also going to be letting you all peek and listen in on the recording process with Session Logs posted here, as well as videos from the studio on YouTube (and the vlog) and some podcasts of audio excerpts. I hope you'll subscribe to my YouTube page and the RSS feed for this blog and the podcasts on iTunes when they're announced. So technological.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger Momma said...

Yay, Jim! I'm an older-ish woman but I love your music! I have Fidelity is the Enemy, Safe In Sound and Pretzel Park (with the other guys!)... Can't wait for the next one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home