Thursday, August 14, 2008

They won't shut up about 'Misadventures in Stereo'

A few more pieces of press praise floating around this week:

Lots of kindness from All Music Guide:
All Music Guide

USAToday Featured me earlier this week, calling 'Listening to NRBQ' "magical" (I thought it was pretty magical when Big Al showed up to take the solo as well):

USAToday

This one is from 'Jersey Beat' - which I can't figure out if it's just a website or has something to do with New Jersey newspapers. In either event, you should keep these three things in mind when reading this one:

I DON'T actually play most of the "instrumentals" myself. Most of the tunes are played live by the band with a few overdubs that also used multiple musicians.

Al Anderson from NRBQ does NOT play on '8Track'. He actually plays on (would you believe it?) 'Listening to NRBQ'.

While it is true that I DO often wear my influences on my sleeve ("good artists borrow, great artists steal") there is no way I was ever even remotely thinking about Crosby, Stills and Nash when doing the vocal harmonies for 'Chalk One Up for Albert's Side'. Beach Boys, yes. 'Ram'-era McCartney, yes. CSN . . . um, no.

Okay, now you can read it.

Some radio news to share with you soon and a request for some help spreading the word.

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger mockstar said...

YAY! AMG gets it right sometimes.

Tons of amazing press on an amazing album, including some stuff in Japanese that I can't read but looks totally 驚くばかり!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home