Friday, November 10, 2006

XM-ing it with Jason Karaban

Took a post-election trip down to our nation's capital to help out Philly ex-pat Jason Karaban on a session for XM Cafe.

Jason's one helluva songsmith and his new album sounds a little too good when I'm just about to start working on my own (I freak out easily). I've known Jason for years, but this is the first time we had a chance to move air molecules around together. Sounded real fine, too (if I'm allowed to say that).

The XM studio complex is one of my favorite places on earth - studio after studio of great gear and folks who know how to make things sound good and who love music like they used to back in the days when people worked in radio because they loved music.

XM Cafe Music Director Bill Evans and Engineer Q both recorgnized me from my stop there with 4 Way Street a couple of years ago, which is something. They were kind enough to ask if I'd play a tune of my own, so I plopped down a version of 'Talk About the Weather' - but it was really Jason's day and I had a great time playing and harmonizing on his tunes.

I think it airs in a few weeks. I'll let you know when I know. In the meantime, check out Jason's album.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Frank Brigandi said...

I agree Jason is pretty tremendous

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JASON KICKED ASS IN 6TH GRADE MUSICALLY AND OTHERWISE met him in school heard him playing u2 guitar vocals blown away from day one he intro me to music and we hit every show in philly,kids really but jay always got us in the back door.fond memories big hair and boots and rock n roll...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home