Friday, October 10, 2008

I Realized This Afternoon While on a Train to Connecticut

Well first off, this is a bit of a test to see if:

A) I have the technological capability to do blog posting from the road and to see which of the many places my blog resides I can actually post to and

B) To see if anyone is interested in this type of blow-by-blow. .

So, ready? Let's begin.

I'm off for a couple quick days of shows in the New England area and according to plan I SHOULD be writing this to you from the passenger seat of one of Marykate O'Neil's (who I'm sharing the bills with) bandmates's car.. Instead, I'm ensconsed in Coach Class on the cheapest Amtrak train to New Haven, CT that I could find, having missed hooking up (notin that way) with Marykate and band last night in Philly when MK played with Jill Sobule at World Cafe Live.

The plan was to have some of the band stay at my place and then head up together this morning. This all went to hell somehow when Marykate didn't get a meesage about me getting to WCL by 11:30 (because I was otherwise engaged cheering on The PHILLIES as they won the first game of the NL Playoofs). So when I arrived at 11:15, I was not prepared to find out everyone had left for New Haven without me at 11.

No problem. Thought I, I'd catch an affordable Bolt Bus in the AM and all would be right with the world. However, Affordable=Popular and all the buses were sold out

And so it was this course of events that has placed me here, spending more than I will probably make on these shows to have the joy of sitting in front of a woman who seems very truly to have tuburculosous, she is coughing that much and that non-stop.

If you live in CT or know some folks there, please send them out. I'll be at The Space in Hamden tonight at 8p.

More later if I can get this to post.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Kate has never been the same since the Olsen twins split up.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim -- Really glad you made it to the Space in time for last night's show. Very enjoyable performance.

I hope you're planning to share your Obama Rally anecdote here. Also, please comment on the beautiful song that ended your set: "That's Not Why I Hate New York." Very mid-period-S&G-ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home